I’m keen to supervise doctoral students in any of these research areas:
-Experimental Criticism / Critical Pedagogy
-World Literatures in Englishes
-Hong Kong Studies
-Comics & Graphic Novels
1. Polley, Jason S. “Toward a Reconciliation of Satire and Hostility in Crumb.” The Comics of R. Crumb: Underground in the Art Museum. Jackson: Mississippi UP. 2021. 21-38.
2. Polley, Jason S. “Smuggling Creativity into the Classroom.” Poetry in Pedagogy: Intersections Across and Between the Disciplines. Ed by Dean AF Gui and Jason S Polley. Oxon: Routledge, 2021. 85- 107.
3. Polley, Jason S. “Oh Canadiana? Atlantic Canada, Joel Thomas Hynes, and Heroin Realism.” Studia Anglica Posnaniensia. 55 (2020): 403-426.
4. Polley, Jason S. “‘I didn’t think we’d be like them’; or, Wong Kar Wei, Hongkonger.” Cultural Conflict in Hong Kong: Angles on a Coherent Imaginary. Ed by Jason S Polley, Vinton WK Poon, Lian-Hee Wee. Singapore: Palgrave, 2018. 235-256.
5. Polley, Jason S. “Documenting the (Un)official Kevin Carter Narrative: Encyclopedism, Irrealism, and Intimization in House of Leaves.” IAFOR Journal of Media, Communication & Film. 5.1 (Summer 2018): 5-22.